This Scholarship is awarded by the University of Manitoba to the International Students who have completed their high school education, undergraduate and even graduate courses and are looking to continue higher studies at international levels. Apart from the scholarship, there is also a separate bursary program that has been designed to provide financial assistance to the students for the tuition cost as well as the living expenses.
- The students are required to have made applications for getting admitted into the University of Manitoba, into any one of the faculties or schools
- The students who have been individually taking up the cost of international student tuition fee are taken in for consideration
- Students with an average high school score of 85% are also held eligible to apply for the scholarship. The percentage should be calculated based on the best five out of all the academic courses taken
- The students are required to be staying in Canada under valid study permits
- The students are required to have completed at least 24 credit hours at the University of Manitoba under any Faculty or school
- The students should have excellent achievements, with a grade point average of at least 3.5 in the most recent of the regular academic session
- The students should continue with full-time study in the next academic session
There are no restrictions. Students of all nationality can apply for the scholarship program.
Field of study
Students in any field of study can apply for this scholarship.
The students will be ranked based on the sessional grade point average. The selections are only made as long as the funds for a particular session last. Therefore, students who apply first will have a better chance at securing the scholarship.
The amount is variable and is decided on the basis of the high school grade average. For example, for the session 2016 to 2017, the amounts were as follows
Average equal to or higher than 95% – $2,000
Average equal to or greater than 90% – $1,400
Average equal to or greater than 85% – $800
How to apply
The application process is online.
The application forms should be submitted by March 15th.
Note- the international students who are enrolled in the first year of the post-secondary study in Canada are not held eligible for the general bursary program.