The University of Malaya is inviting applications for Postdoctoral Research position in Signal Processing/Pattern Recognition for Telehealth Monitoring. The University of Malaya is a public research university located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is the oldest and most esteemed university in Malaysia. The university’s name was abbreviated as Malaya during the pre-independence period.
Course Level: Postdoctoral Programme
Study Subject: Postdoctoral Researcher in Signal Processing/Pattern Recognition for Telehealth Monitoring.
Telehealth involves the remote monitoring of physiological data that can be used by health professionals for disease management, especially in patients with long-term chronic disease. Successful adoption of this technology depends upon reliable signal quality, as clinicians would become disillusioned and distrustful of the technology if selfperformed biosignal recordings are frequently prone to error. The aim of this project is to design novel signal processing and pattern recognition techniques to verify the quality of biosignals commonly acquired in the unsupervised environment, and to investigate the utility of information fusion from multiple sensors to unobstrusively detect subject movement as a cause of poor signal quality during recording. The algorithms will be evaluated and validated on a specific cohort of chronic disease sufferers in an unsupervised setting. The biosignals in question are the electrocardiogram (ECG), pulse oximetry photoplethysmogram (PPG), as well as auscultatory and oscillometric blood pressure (BP) waveform signals. The ability to identify the quality of telehealth biosignals also provides a means to assess subject performance of unsupervised environment, and to provide further education in using this technology to subjects who frequently spoil signal recordings.
1. Holds a PhD degree or has submitted PhD dissertation for examination.
2. Expertise in signal processing/machine learning/pattern recognition.
3. Undergraduate degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.3/4.0 or equivalent.
1. This project features collaboration with world-class research institution (University of New South Wales) and the industry (TeleMedCare Pty Ltd, NSW and Sotera Wireless Inc, CA).
2. A sponsored 6-9 month attachment in University of New South Wales during the recruitment period for candidate with good performance.
3. Extensive research support from experienced researchers in Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering (UNSW) as well as engineers from TeleMedCare Pty Ltd and Sotera Wireless Inc.
4. Candidate has an abundance of opportunities to work with world class researchers.
5. Full access to all necessary devices required to carry out the project and subjects (ethical clearance and preliminary data has been obtained).
How to Apply:
Resume, academic transcript, SPM/STPM/matriculation certificates & other relevant documents to Dr. Lim Einly (email@example.com). Selected candidates will be informed for an interview.
Application Deadline: Contact Employer