The application forms for the International Sumer Study are open at the Washington University, St. Louis. The scholarship aims to encourage more international students to sign up for the Summer Study Program.
The program lasts for a period of five weeks and offers a carefully designed coursework together with classroom programs for education about the Midwestern American culture. It would be an excellent opportunity to expand your knowledge about the American culture.
Students from all over the world are invited to apply for the scholarship program. However, it will only be awarded to a few candidates based on a rigorous selection process.
- The applicants should be above 18 years of age
- The applicant should be a university-level student in an undergraduate program
- By July 2018, the applicant should have completed one academic year at the university
- The applicants are required to sit for the ELT or the English Language Test
- The applicant should have a score of at least 90 iBt on the TOEFL
- The applicant should score at least 6.5 on the IELTS
- The applicants are required to have cleared either one of CPE or CAE with a minimum of level B2 score
- If the applicants are native English speakers or have been studying in a university that uses English as the primary language for all of the daily instructions, they may be exempted from the ELT
The students can be of any nationality.
Country of study
The applicants studying in any country are allowed to apply for the scholarship.
Course of study
There are no restrictions on the course of study. The applicants can be students in any stream.
- The scholarship offers a total amount of $2,500 to the eligible candidates. This will cover only a portion of the total fees required for the program.
- The remaining fee for the program is $5,395. The payment for this should be made by the recipients of the scholarship themselves.
- The recipients should arrange and pay for their own travel
- The total fee for the program is inclusive of tuition cost, medical plans, program field trips, private campus events, meal plan and room and board.
- Full funding for the program is not available for any of the candidates
How to apply?
The entire application process is online. The students may contact the concerned personnel involved in the scholarship for further information.
The application form together with all the necessary transcripts should be submitted by April 1st, 2018.