Applications are invited for two postdoctoral positions in Arctic marine ecology / biogeochemistry and / or modeling of the Institute of Arctic and Marine Biology. Norwegian, as well as international applicants, are eligible to apply for these positions.
Arctic SIZE aims to contribute to a more comprehensive understanding of the production, biogeochemistry, and ecology related to the sea areas covered by sea ice through much of the year.
The University of Tromsø is the largest research and educational institution in northern Norway. The main focus of the University’s activities is on the Auroral light research, Space science, Fishery science, Biotechnology, Linguistics, Multicultural societies, Saami culture, Telemedicine, epidemiology and a wide spectrum of Arctic research projects.
University is looking for two postdoctoral candidates with Ph.D. in aquatic ecology and interest in ecosystem-related research in ice-covered marine areas.
Course Level: Positions are available for pursuing postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: Positions are awarded in Arctic marine ecology / biogeochemistry and / or modeling of the Institute of Arctic and Marine Biology.
Scholarship Award: Salary by State wage scale code 1352. The 2% compulsory contribution to state pension fund.
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- University is looking for two postdoctoral candidates with Ph.D. in aquatic ecology and interest in ecosystem-related research in ice-covered marine areas.Experience is required from relevant research and ambition to contribute to the further development of the research field. Documented experience of publishing in an international peer-reviewed journal. It is desirable with experience of fieldwork in ice-covered waters. The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. It is desirable with experience of project work and work in teams and a professional interest and ideas of the ecosystem-related processes in the seasonal ice zone. The experience of working in polar regions is considered as positive, and there will also be positive if the candidate has a research network and experience of relevant administrative and organizational work. Experience and ability to communicate research on different levels are also positive. The candidate is expected to help generate new research through the development of applications and active participation in international research.
- It takes a short project outline (max 2 pages, in English) with professional motivation and suggestions on relevant issues and methodological approaches within the framework of Arctic SIZE.Project outlines must also include a progress plan.
- The added emphasis on personal fitness.
- The postdoctoral fellow requires Norwegian doctoral degree in the field, or an equivalent foreign doctoral degree recognized as equivalent to Norwegian.It is assumed that the applicant will be able to implement the outlined project within the given time frame.
Nationality: Norwegian, as well as international applicants, are eligible to apply for these positions.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: University is looking for two postdoctoral candidates with Ph.D. in aquatic ecology and interest in ecosystem-related research in ice-covered marine areas.
English language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English, both oral and written at a high level.
How to Apply: All documentation to be considered must be certified and translated into Scandinavian or English. Applications must be submitted electronically.
- Project outline with academic motivation, proposed issues and methodological approaches within the framework of the Arctic size, and the proposed time schedule (total max 2 pages, in English)
- CV (summarizing education, and academic work)
- Certified copies of diplomas and certificates
- References with contact information (work)
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of works and description of these. The list of works shall have the following information:
- Author (s), work title
- For articles: the journal’s name and volume, the first and last page numbers, dates
- For books or other independent publications shall specify publisher, printer, year of and page numbers.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is September 1, 2016.